Dirt Bike Maintenance 101
Keep your dirt bike at it's best and not looking hammered. Dragging a dirt bike through mud, rocks and snow while making it sing at 10,000+ rpm's can certainly go through some parts.
Benefits of Routine Maintenance
Dirt bike maintenance is not only painless, but you will learn that wrenching on a motorcycle can be rewarding. This is especially the case when you go riding and don't have to hassle with the bike on the side of a motocross track or trail.
Here are just a few of the benefits of simple dirt bike maintenance:
- Extend the life of your bike.
- Have your dirt bike perform at it's best.
- Possibly saving someone from a trip over the bars.
- Prevent a breakdown.
- Avoid unnecessary embarrassment.
- Have peace of mind that everything is the going to work the way it's supposed to.
Clean and Prep the Bike
Doing the maintenance after a ride versus before allows more time to order replacement parts in case something is worn out, bent, broken or missing. It also leaves you enough time to perform what needs to be done before the next ride or race. Performing routine maintenance will prevent you from being at the starting gate, or geared up ready to hit the trail and end up trying to kick start the bike for 30 minutes while everyone else is waiting.
After Every Race, Between Moto's, or After a Couple Hours of Riding Time:
Call (503) 329-9004
- Wash your bike
- Bleed accumulated air pressure from the forks
- Clean the air filter
- Ensure your throttle return is quick
- Service chain and sprockets
to speak with Bill Rigdon AMSOIL Dealer
and learn about the benefits of synthetic oil.
For the best AMSOIL Synthetic Oil in Portland, Bill Rigdon
is the best choice.